Specializing in late harvest Riesling and Pinot Noir, Greenwood Ridge was established in 1980 by Allan Green, and with an annual production of less than 1500 cases, has built a reputation for producing award-winning, small lot wines. Named one of America’s top 30 wineries three times in recent years by Wine & Spirits Magazine, Greenwood Ridge has continued to receive positive accolades at major competitions. Purchased in 2016 by Ken and Diane Wilson, Winemaker Victoria Wilson now heads the winemakeing for all Greenwood Ridge wines continuing the long tradition of honoring the Anderson Valley and Mendocino fruit.
Greenwood Ridge is now one of the oldest wineries in the Philo area. Featuring a unique, octagonal tasting room designed by Aaron G. Green—father of winery founder Allan Green and longtime associate and architect of Frank Lloyd Wright.
A single, 400-year old redwood tree fell in a storm in 1969, provided all of the wood used to build the tasting room. Since 2006, Greenwood Ridge has been fully solar powered. Continuing their green traditions, Greenwood Ridge also offers a high speed charger for leafs, Teslas and Kias as well as a dedicated Tesla charger. Charging is complimentary to Greenwood Ridge customers.
- 91 points, Gold Medal
2016 Sauvignon Blanc, Anderson Valley
OUR FAMILY OF WINERIES
- WILSON WINERY admin 2020-05-27T21:29:29+00:00
- MAZZOCCO SONOMA admin 2020-05-26T20:14:38+00:00
- DELORIMIER admin 2020-05-26T20:15:59+00:00
- PEZZI KING admin 2020-05-26T20:18:08+00:00
- ST. ANNE’S CROSSING admin 2020-05-26T20:18:52+00:00
- JAXON KEYS admin 2022-07-11T21:52:12+00:00
- GREENWOOD RIDGE admin 2020-05-26T20:22:44+00:00
- COYOTE SONOMA admin 2020-05-28T20:16:26+00:00
- ROCKPILE VINEYARDS admin 2020-05-26T20:23:32+00:00