WINE CLUB COORDINATOR
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
deLorimier Winery is in search of a Wine Club Coordinator to join their team! We offer a competitive hourly rate, a generous employee discount, and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, 401k, EAP and Health Club membership discount!
The Wine Club Coordinator will oversee and/or assist with the planning and execution of all Wine Club activities, related customer service and Wine Club special events. This position is also responsible for providing the front-line guest experience by developing relationships that promote the sale of wine and increase brand loyalty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Wine Club:
- Coordinates Wine Club Shipments
- Runs club shipment and coordinates newsletter, handles customer special requests, coordinates wine transfer to shipper and tasting room, follows up on shipping issues and accounts for all wine returned to inventory
- Database management for Wine Club
- Includes daily database use: new customer entry and changes to account information; updates invalid credit cards and account information, cancellations, and will-call pickups
- Processes daily phone, fax and email orders along with responding to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinates and oversees all Wine Club events, in conjunction with the DTC Sales Manager
- Attends all Wine Club functions
- Develops draft copy for Wine Club email blasts, correspondence, invitations, etc., in conjunction with DTC Sales Manager
- High-Touch treatment for Wine Club
- Greets Wine Club members in the tasting room when possible, sends out welcome note to all new members, sets up and conducts special tastings for VIP members
- Direct sales to Wine Club members
- Coordinates telemarketing campaigns with DTC Sales Manager
- Oversees, reports, and keeps staff informed of the Wine Club Incentive Program
- Supports tasting room staff when needed
- Works with DTC Sales Manager and Tasting Room Lead to track and report inventory
- Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences that build brand loyalty
- Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests who visit the winery
- Maintains winery physical setting to reinforce standards of the brand by ensuring that all displays of wine products are attractive and well maintained
- ID’s guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol
- Serves samples of wine for guests in both individual and group settings.
- Shares appropriate information and educates guests about wines, brand history, and sister wineries.
- Promotes the sale of wine products in the tasting room, pursues sales opportunities and encourages customers to purchase wines and join the wine club.
- Accurately completes end-of-the-day reports, reconciles daily sales, and posts transactions.
- Demonstrates personal accountability in following all company policies and procedures.
- Performs opening and closing procedures, which includes but is not limited to the items listed on the Opening/Closing Checklist.
- Ensures cleanliness and performs facility housekeeping of the winery grounds and Tasting Room (including outdoor areas, the tasting bar and restrooms).
- Maintains physical inventory of merchandise items and restocking of wine in the Tasting Room.
- Ensures the tasting menu is accurate and up-to-date.
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to work events and special projects.
- Works closely with the DTC Sales Manager and Tasting Room Sales Associates.
- Business to Business Outreach – by phone and in person.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- First-hand knowledge of, appreciation and passion for wine and wine-related topics with an interest to further education of these topics.
- Self-motivated and able to achieve goals.
- One year or more of experience in a winery/Tasting Room with same or similar responsibilities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak in front of people.
- Sales and customer service experience: ability to present product, up sell & cross sell.
- Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media and database management.
- Available weekends and holidays as required, and extended hours in order to complete the job.
- Must be a team player and maintain a positive disposition.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Safe beverage server certificate.
- High School Diploma.
- AA/BA degree preferred.
Microsoft Office and POS applications; Microworks knowledge desirable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly working in an office, tasting room, patio and winery environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low. Events may have a higher level of noise at times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands and fingers to operate standard office equipment, open/close and pour wine, hear, listen, speak, taste and smell.
- Sit, stand, reach, type, and walk.
- Lift/move/carry 50 lbs.
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this job description, not every situation that might arise may be covered here. As such, this job description may be amended at any time and the duties and/or responsibilities may change.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.