WINE CLUB ASSISTANT AT DELORIMIER WINERY
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
The Wine Club Assistant, under the direction of the Sales Manager and Wine Club Manager, assists with developing the strategy and executing tactics to maintain and grow the Wine Club. The primary focus of the Wine Club program is to increase club membership by adding new members and increasing member retention loyalty while capturing incremental sales opportunities. The Wine Club Assistant works as a part of a dynamic team of highly motivated individuals, delivering excellent customer service to all members and customers. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists to develop, implement and execute Wine Club programs.
- Explains Wine Club policies and procedures to club members and hospitality staff.
- Assists with preparing, processing and completing all Wine Club Shipments.
- Processes all Wine Club sales charges and credits; updates invalid credit cards and account information prior to shipments.
- Manages and maintains Wine Club database with current and accurate customer records.
- Accurately responds to all club member inquiries via telephone and e-mail within the same day.
- Assists Wine Club Manager with VIP club members and special events.
- Responds to all customer inquiries with the highest level of customer service.
- Assists with the retention of club members and growth of club.
- Oversees new club member form processing, sends out “welcome” e-letters to new club members and answers new member inquiries in a timely manner.
- Supports and assists Wine Club Manager to develop, promote, manage, oversee and execute all club events from beginning to end.
- Contributes to direct sales as a member of the team in a mutually supportive and positive team environment.
- Communicates club policy to hospitality staff and assists Wine Club Manager in training hospitality staff with new club programs, existing procedures and policies and all upcoming events.
- Processes special shipping requests, resolves shipping issues and communicates with club members of any shipment delays/issues, etc.
- Tracks, processes and resolves issues with returned packages.
- Works with Shipping and Inventory Coordinator to remind club members by phone and email for shipment pick-up.
- Works closely with Shipping and Inventory Coordinator to ensure customers receive club shipments in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and assist with pack out of all will call allocations are set aside and ready for customer to pick up in the tasting room
- Assist customers over the phone and through email with making a tasting reservation
- Respond to estate lodging inquires and assist with reservations
- Assist Wine Club Coordinator with maintaining deLorimier Winery’s social media sites
- Execute ad-hoc sales campaigns as needed for special SKUs.
- Maintain winery image to reinforce organizational standards of the brand
- Works as a Tasting Room Sales Associate when appropriate or during slow periods of Wine Club duties.
- Answers incoming direct sales telephone calls.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- First-hand knowledge, appreciation and passion of wine and wine-related topics
- Winery experience preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak in front of people
- Strong retail sales and customer service experience: ability to present product, up sell & cross sell
- Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills
- Maintain excellent working relationships with back-office team, hospitality staff, sister wineries staff and shipping company.
- Database management experience
- Must have analytic ability for reporting
- Maintains a professional appearance
- Must be a team player and maintain a positive disposition
- Strong multi-tasking abilities required
- Minimum of one to three years related experience in the wine industry
- High School diploma
- AA degree preferred
Microsoft Office and POS applications; Microworks knowledge desirable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a combination of a tasting room and winery environment; employee may also be occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes or airborne particles, outdoor conditions and potential precarious spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events can have higher level of noise at times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to coordinate multiple projects or tasks; the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to operate a register and pour wine, hear and speak to exchange information, and taste or smell; frequently required to stand, move or walk for prolonged periods of time; must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; employee is required to sit for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk and reach with hands and arms.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this job description, not every situation that might arise may be covered here. As such, this job description may be amended at any time and the duties and/or responsibilities may change.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.