TASTING ROOM SALES ASSOCIATE & BACK OFFICE SUPPORT AT COYOTE SONOMA WINERY
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We have an open full-time (Wednesday – Sunday) position available for a friendly, service- and sales-minded individual to join our outstanding team!
We offer a competitive hourly rate, tip line, sales commissions, and a generous employee discount. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, 401k, EAP and a Health Club membership discount!
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing the best possible customer experience in the tasting room, at special events and by email and telephone. They will also help open and close the tasting room and ensure all daily reports are complete. In addition, the incumbent will help maintain customer records in the database to ultimately increase wine club fulfillment and achieve daily/monthly sales goals.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the minimum requirements and be at least 21 years of age.
- Work as part of a dynamic team of highly motivated individuals while further developing the tasks and activities within this position.
- Provide excellent customer service while interacting with all customers.
- The duties may vary from tasting room and event hospitality, to team leader for other staff members, to supporting sales administration as time allows and workloads shift.
50% – Back Office Sales and Support:
- Manage inbound phone and email inquiries through general inboxes
- Manage shipping and inventory movements, ensuring wine is at the necessary locations for shipping and tasting room.
- Assist with order exceptions – contact customers with expired cards, declines, and payment information as required.
- Ensure the email distribution contacts list and customer database are current and up-to-date.
- Manage bounced emails and reach out to customers for updated contact information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
50% – Tasting Room:
- Open and close tasting room and lead the sales team when Tasting Room Manager and Assistant Tasting Room Manager are not present.
- Open and close cash registers and prepare daily reports.
- Cover tasting room as needed.
- Ensure that all visitors are greeted immediately when they enter the tasting room. Pour wine and educate guests while meeting monthly sales and club sign-up goals.
- Ensure all collateral is available for tasting room sales on a daily basis.
- Re-stock wine and merchandise into the tasting room.
- Run general errands for event set-up, supply needs, cash drops and bank change.
- Work closely as part of the sales team, taking direction from the Sales Manager, Assistant Tasting Room Manager.
- Guide and encourage tasting room staff on daily logistics and set-up of the tasting room.
Most duties will be performed indoors, including tasting room and office spaces. Some duties include being outdoors during peak season and events.
The ability to work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day is required. The employee must lift/pull/push/carry 40 lb. boxes on a repetitive basis. The ability to sit at a desk and utilize a computer keyboard and other standard office machines is essential. The employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, speak, listen, reach, write, type, taste, smell, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch on a frequent basis.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – maintain excellent working relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers
- Customer service focus – friendly, helpful demeanor
- Computer savvy –Intermediate to Expert level in the use of AMS/CRM/POS/Email Marketing/Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) software programs
- Ability to lift, stack and move 40 lb. cases on a regular basis
- Acute attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, troubleshoot and see the whole picture of club member maintenance and retention
- Self-motivated with a high level of accountability and productivity
- Reliable, insured transportation with a valid driver’s license and an acceptable DMV record
- Ability to work weekends and evening events
- Responsible Beverage Service certificate
- Three years tasting room and/or back-office wine sales
- California Food Handler certified
The requirements listed above represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this job post, not every situation that might arise may be covered here. As such, this job description may be amended at any time and the duties and/or responsibilities may change.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.