TASTING ROOM & INVENTORY SUPPORT ASSOCIATE – MAZZOCCO
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mazzocco Winery is looking for a friendly, customer focused individual to join our dynamic team full-time (Thursday-Monday)!
Mazzocco Winery rests between the acclaimed valleys of Dry Creek and Alexander. Our wines are remarkably individual in nature with fruit drawn from some of the most breathtaking mountain vineyards in Sonoma County. The fruit combined with history and tradition, seasoned with a little innovation, makes Mazzocco one of the most distinctive and sought-after brands in California.
We offer a competitive hourly rate and a generous employee discount. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, 401k, EAP and a Health Club membership discount!
If you are passionate about wine and are committed to providing exceptional hospitality, we’d like to meet you!
The Tasting Room and Inventory Support Associate will support the day-to-day functions of the Tasting Room, including providing exceptional guest service, setting and clearing tables, washing and polishing glassware, inventory control, and general housekeeping. In addition, this individual may step in on an as-needed basis to assist with pouring and wine sales. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Re-stocks wine and merchandise and completes fulfillment orders as instructed
- Maintains the overall appearance of the winery as needed
- Consolidates shipping manifest orders for pick-up & assists with fulfillment and shipping of all orders
- Assists in keeping warehouse wine and all stock rooms organized
- Notifies managers/leads and tasting room staff when supplies and inventories are low
- Collects and delivers wine for inter-winery promotions & competitions
- Assists Event Coordinator with set-up and breakdown of events & runs general errands
- Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry
- Communicates in a knowledgeable and professional manner & shares appropriate information and educates guests about Mazzocco wines, brand history and sister wineries
- Promotes the sale of wine products & pursues sales opportunities
- Accurately uses POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and/or forklift (Training can be provided)
- Acute attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Clean DMV record, reliable, insured transportation
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and overtime
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Previous winery experience preferred
- California Safe Beverage and Food Handler certification preferred
- Able to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The incumbent must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours a day. Must be able to lift/pull/push/carry 45 lb. boxes on a repetitive basis. The incumbent will be required to speak, listen, talk and hear, smell, grasp, reach and taste on a continuous basis. May also be required to climb, stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Mazzocco is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.