SOUS CHEF – COYOTE SONOMA
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sous Chef is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the successful operation of the back of the house. This includes, but is not limited to menu and recipe planning and all aspects of food preparation and presentation. He or she is responsible for ensuring that the kitchen staff follow all recipes, food safety, sanitation regulations and Company policies and procedures. Ensures that all team members are properly trained in all aspects of their position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the production, quality and consistency of the food
- Ensures that the back of house staff are following all applicable health, safety, and sanitation regulations at all times
- Assists with purchasing and inventory control
- Supervises and provides training, coaching and guidance for staff
- Demonstrates a professional, guest-focused demeanor at all times
- Follows, communicates and upholds all company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work in a collaborative manner with all employees, guests, and vendors
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce an excellent culinary experience
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
- Ability to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have a minimum of three years of culinary and supervisory experience
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources
- Must hold a valid Food Handlers Certificate
- In-depth working knowledge of all regulations related to food service in a restaurant environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Culinary certificate, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of successful experience in the same or similar role
- Current safe food handler’s certificate
- Previous experience working in the wine industry preferred
- Wine/beer and food pairing experience highly desirable
- Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner in both written and oral formats. Fluent in English (speak, read, write, type). Bilingual preferred
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals Able to accurately calculate food costs
- Must be able to analyze information and make sound decisions or recommendations based on same
- Proficient with MS Office and POS systems
Ability to walk, stand, listen, speak and move for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift, move, carry, reach, hear, speak, see, listen, write, type, smell, taste, operate various kitchen tools and equipment, standard office machines and POS system.
The work environment is located in a restaurant, tasting bar and event environment. The noise level is usually moderate and will rise during special events.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Our first priority is to keep our employees and our guests safe. Face coverings must be worn at all times by our employees. Guests must also wear a face coverings indoors anytime they are not seated with their party.