LODGING ASSOCIATE – WILSON ARTISAN LODGING
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
We offer a competitive hourly rate and a generous employee discount. Our benefit package includes vacation, sick and holiday pay, along with medical, dental, life, vision, 401k, EAP and Health Club membership discount!
This is a unique opportunity to work at two elegant properties! The person in this role will spend half of their time at Grape Leaf Inn and half of their time at Calderwood Inn! As a part of the lodging team, the Lodging Associate ensures that guests receive gracious hospitality while surpassing their expectations by providing unique experiences during their stay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists guests during check-in, ensuring that guests are comfortable and taken care of.
- Greets guests in the morning & reviews the day’s activities.
- Helps with the preparations for breakfast service and clean up.
- Maintains and orders supplies for the Inn as needed.
- Prepares, sets-up and serves evening welcome reception with wines from WAW wineries.
- Assists guests during check-out, using the process as a positive marketing tool to create a repeat guest.
- Performs general administrative duties including, but not limited to email, phone, reservations, log book, and monthly expense report.
- Works with all staff in a professional and motivating manner, encouraging team spirit and a positive work environment.
- Maintains the inn’s social media presence on Facebook & Instagram.
- Offers concierge services to guests, contacts guests upon reservation to set up dinner reservations, wine tastings, etc. Provides services well in advance to allow for greater availability of selection, where possible.
- Coordinates with maintenance vendors and in-house maintenance to ensure property systems, appliances and regular maintenance is taken care of.
- Works closely with Lodging Manager and Assistant Manager regarding inn logistics, policies, procedures, promotions, spending, and staffing to ensure the Inn is running smoothly.
- Works closely with Reservations Supervisor to keep website updated with upcoming events, change of policy, etc.
- Assist with taking and changing reservations to include checking availability, entering guest information, looking up promotions, and taking payments to confirm reservations.
- Promotes WAW Wineries, Restaurant and VIP tour service to guests.
- Monitors the grounds to ensure that the landscaping and structures are well maintained.
- Performs regular outreach activities to promote the property.
- Performs basic cleaning and tidying as needed.
- Prepares weekly schedule based on occupancy.
- Stays in continuous communication with Housekeeping Manager to ensure that housekeeping standards are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of lodging operations, accommodations portfolio and Wilson Artisan Wineries portfolio
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative and culinary skills
- Must have integrity and practice honesty at all times
- able to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Demonstrates a calm and professional manner at all times
- Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and at special events
- Must have a reliable, insured method of transportation
- Must possess a valid California class C driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or vocational school preferred. T
- Three or more years of related experience or a combination of experience, education and training.
- CTA, culinary, and safe server certification preferred.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as emails, safety rules, recipes, operating/maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups of customers, vendors and employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to utilize good judgement and decision-making skills to analyze information, make recommendations as needed and resolve issues as able.
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Inn Reservation Key experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, reach, lift, move, climb stairs and step ladder, talk, hear, see, taste, smell, carry food trays, food, beverages, plates and various other items.
- Slice, chop, mix, stir, boil, fry, bake, measure and perform other motions while preparing food.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch
- Frequently lift, move and carry up to 45 lbs.
- Operate a computer keyboard, telephone, fax, copier and operate various tools indoors and outdoors.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.