LINE COOK – COYOTE SONOMA
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
The Line Cook works under the direction and guidance of the Chef to prepare and present food that delights our guests. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation, tasting, presentation, and sanitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs food preparation by washing, measuring, chopping, mixing, slicing, garnishing, etc.
- May also perform baking, broiling, frying, steaming, braising, and boiling
- Provides high quality, fresh food to guests using standardized recipes and methods of preparation
- Performs set up, service, and clean up of food production, including washing/drying dishes
- Provides exceptional guest service
- Practices proper food storage and organization
- Adheres to proper food serving temperatures
- Works in a safe and sanitary manner at all times
- May transport food to other locations
- May run errands and purchase supplies
- Rotates product to reduce spoilage
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently
- Ability to flex schedule when needed
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to safely operate standard kitchen equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner in both written and oral formats. Fluent in English (speak, read, write, type). Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to perform basic calculations and conversions such as addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, decimals and percentages.
- Must be able to analyze information and make sound decisions or recommendations based on same.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and prioritize work tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, arms and fingers to reach, lift, grasp, carry, open/close, chop, slice, cut, seal, etc. Must be able to listen, hear, speak, taste and smell. The employee is required to stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, walk, and climb stairs. The employee may occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must perform while performing the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is located in an event, tasting bar and restaurant environment. The noise level is usually moderate and will rise during special events.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Our first priority is to keep our employees and our guests safe. Face coverings must be worn at all times by our employees. Guests must also wear a face covering anytime they are not seated with their party.