LINE COOK/PREP COOK – COYOTE SONOMA
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
Coyote Restaurant in Healdsburg is looking a Line/Prep Cook who follows instruction well, wants to learn new skills is flexible with change as our menu expands and grows. Experience is a plus, but we will train the right cook with a great attitude! The position includes nights/weekends with days off being Monday and Tuesday.
The Line/Prep Cook works under the direction and guidance of the Head Chef to prepare and present food that delights our guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs food preparation by washing, measuring, chopping, mixing, slicing, garnishing, etc.
- Follows standardized recipes and methods of preparation
- Performs set-up, service, and clean-up of food production
- Practices proper food storage and organization and adheres to proper food serving temperatures
- Works in a safe and sanitary manner at all times
- Rotates product to reduce spoilage
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Able to flex schedule when needed
- Able to safely operate standard kitchen equipment
- Must be fluent in English (speak, read, write, type).
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands, arms, and fingers to reach, lift, grasp, carry, open/close, chop, slice, cut, seal, etc.
- Listen, hear, speak, taste and smell
- Stand for prolonged periods of time
- Lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds
- Walk, and climb stairs.
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch.
Coyote Sonoma is an equal opportunity employer.