TASTING ROOM SALES ASSOCIATE
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are now hiring a Lead Tasting Room Sales Associate Soda Rock Winery (FT)
The Lead Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for providing the front line guest experience by developing
relationships with our customers that promote the sale of wine and develop brand loyalty. Works closely with the
Sales Manager to ensure that sales goals, including wine club sign-ups, are met or exceeded. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned.
• Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the tasting room and provided with experiences
that will build brand loyalty.
• Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests.
• Maintains the physical setting of the tasting room to reinforce standards of the brand by ensuring that displays
of wine and brandy products are attractive and well-maintained.
• ID’s guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Serves samples of wine for guests in both individual and group settings.
• Shares appropriate information and educates guests about the wines, brand history, sister wineries and lodging.
• Promotes the sale of wine in the tasting room, pursues sales opportunities and encourages customers to
purchase our brands and join the wine club.
• Accurately uses POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory.
• Accurately completes end of day reports, reconciles daily sales and posts transactions.
• Assist Sales Manager with event coordination, such as preparing tasting room leading up to event day, setup/
breakdown and hosting customers day-of.
• Demonstrates personal accountability in following all company policies and procedures.
• Performs opening and closing procedures, which include but is not limited to: setup and breakdown of tables,
chairs and all items related to tasting room functions.
• Ensures the cleanliness and aesthetics of the tasting room, restrooms and porch area.
• Maintains physical inventory of merchandise items and restocks wine in the tasting room as needed.
• Contacts current and prospective customers via phone and email when tasting room is slow in order to increase
wine sales and club membership.
• Acts as the ‘point person’ for any questions or issues that arise when Sales Manager is not present.
• Leads by example and upholds all policies, procedures and standard practices at all times.
• Contributes creative ideas for tasting flights and décor.
• Provides guidance to team members when necessary in the absence of the Sales Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• First-hand knowledge of and appreciation for wine and wine-related topics.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak confidently on an individualand group basis.
• Retail sales and customer service experience: ability to present product, up sell and cross sell.
• Interpersonal awareness, relationship management and influencing skills.
• Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, social media and point-of-sale applications.
• Available weekends and occasional holidays as required and extended hours in order to complete the job.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Must be able to work effectively individually and as part of a team and maintain a positive disposition.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
• Ability to ask for and close the sale.
• Minimum of one year of industry-related experience.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Database management, social media and data entry experience a plus.
• Active responsible server certificate required. Food handler certificate preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically working in a tasting room environment and outside on the porch and deck. The employee may also be required to restock wine and brandy in the tasting room from inventory storage and work in the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, provide exceptional customer service and serve wine and/or brandy to our guests. The employee is regularly required to use hands, arms and fingers to operate a register, open and pour wine/brandy, operate standard office equipment, perform basic housekeeping duties and lift/move/carry cases and bottles of wine and/or brandy. The employee must have the ability to taste, smell, hear, listen, speak, read, write, enter & analyze data, stand, move, climb stairs and walk for prolonged periods of time. The employee must be able to lift/move/carry up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. The employee may be required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. The employee may be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.