HOST/BUSSER – MATRIX WINERY
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
The Matrix Winery Host& Busser is a key position of support for the tasting room, ensuring the department runs at peak efficiency and exceptional hospitality standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all guests are warmly greeted and seated in a timely manner
- Organize and keep track of daily reservations using Cellarpass
- Work with management to follow daily floor assignment plans and communicate this to the appropriate person(s) as changes occur
- Review the list of reservations each day, match reservations with member names, and inquire walk-in guests about membership and visitation status
- Keep track of clean, dirty, and occupied tables and the overall cleanliness of the Tasting Room
- Answer the phone in a warm, professional manner and answer questions concerning offered experiences, appointments, walk-in availability, and general inquiries
- Provide reservation support via email, as needed
- Address guest inquiries in a positive, calm, and professional manner and effectively communicate necessary information to appropriate team members and/or management
- Assist with duties associated with opening and closing of the Tasting Room
- Pre-set glassware, place settings, and sales materials for tastings at the direction of management
- Clear, sanitize, and reset tables after guest departure
- Assist with packing of wine for guests and carrying wine to guests’ vehicles
- Keep inventory & communal areas neat and tidy
- Restock wine, merchandise, and glassware
- Pack shipping and will-call orders, as needed
- Print, cut, and restock print materials, as needed
- Polish and put away glassware
- Maintain cleanliness standards of all retail spaces including, but not limited to, tasting room, restrooms, patio & deck, surround parking lots & adjacent vineyard
- Contribute to a positive & collaborative team atmosphere
- Contribute and maintain green winery standards by saving one-sided printed paper for note pads or reprints, printing double-sided documents when possible, recycling food and beverage materials, following all recycling structures currently in place, being mindful of energy and water usage and committing to any and all evolving green business practices that may be implemented
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Matrix Winery DTC Sales Manager, Matrix Winery Wine Club Manager, Matrix Winery Winemaker, Matrix Winery Tasting Room Sales Associates, Wilson Artisan Wineries CFO
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be fluent in English
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must be able to communicate in an effective manner
- Strong attention to detail and cleanliness
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, events and extended hours when needed
- Able to work collaboratively as part of the team and maintain a positive demeanor
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, move, carry 50 lbs. on a regular basis
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in a hospitality environment preferred
LICENSES & CERTIFICATES:
- Valid CA driver’s license and clean MVR
- Active RBS certificate
- Active CA Food Handler certificate preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to make change from a cash register.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, database management, internet searching and the ability to operate a POS system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by an employee to successfully carry out the essential functions of the Wilson Winery Hostess & Busser position. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate effectively with guests and team members
- Use arms, hands and legs
- Hear, listen, see and speak
- Stand, move, bend, reach, balance and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Lift/move/carry/push/pull 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Sit, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working primarily in a tasting room environment. Duties will also be performed outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Events may have a higher level of noise at times.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.