FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR – COYOTE SONOMA
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote Sonoma has an exciting full-time opportunity available for a Front of House Supervisor! We offer competitive compensation and a generous employee discount program.
The Front of House Supervisor (FOHS) is responsible for ensuring that the front of the house is operating smoothly and efficiently at all times. The FOHS oversees the daily operation of the bar, dining room, patio and event space. This includes, but is not limited to: hiring, training, coaching, scheduling and supervision of the front of house staff members.
The Front of House Supervisor understands that Coyote Sonoma is an extension of the Wilson Artisan portfolio of wineries and leads the team to provide guest service that is an extension of our winery experiences. The FOHS is responsible for ensuring that we are providing guest service in a safe, sanitary and welcoming environment. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that all staff members receive initial and ongoing education and training.
- Works closely and cooperatively with the Coyote Tasting Room and Marketing Team to ensure the success of the restaurant and the Coyote brand.
- Performs various duties related to the efficient operation of the front of the house, including, but not limited to: ordering supplies, performing inventory, opening, closing, scheduling, serving guests, cleaning and cashiering.
- Ensures that all staff members are properly trained in safe work practices, including safe food handling.
- Maintains current knowledge of our Company Handbook; understands policies, procedures, standards and expectations. Upholds and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
- Works closely and cooperatively with the Human Resources team.
- Demonstrates a professional, guest-focused demeanor at all times. Intervenes and resolves guest concerns and/or complaints in a friendly, diplomatic manner
- Establishes and trains team regarding some standard ways to address any guest concerns or complaints that may arise.
- Demonstrates a professional and friendly demeanor with employees. Able to skillfully answer questions and concerns and involves the HR team whenever necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Establishes service standards and provides training regarding same.
- Performs regular, candid coaching.
- Prepares performance reviews and disciplinary action notices with HR involvement.
- Plans and executes special events, i.e., live music, Karaoke and tap take-overs.
- Keeps the Head Chef informed regarding any food service needs.
- Operates the bar and dining areas in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that the front of the house is compliant with all sanitation regulations, including COVID-19 precautions and protocols.
- Ensures that all cash drawers are properly balanced at the end of each shift and that any discrepancies are documented.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must hold a current manager’s food handler certificate.
- Must hold a current RBS certificate.
- Proven, successful track record of bar, restaurant and event operations.
- Able to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Able to work in a positive, cohesive manner.
- Able to effectively supervise and motivate teams.
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Office and POS systems.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Able to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of the same or very similar work experience.
- Advanced, hands-on knowledge regarding successful bar and restaurant operations.
- Must have a proven track record of successful selection, hiring, training, coaching and motivating a team.
- Wine/beer and food pairing experience highly desirable.
- Must be fluent in the English language in both oral and written formats. Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Able to prepare, monitor and adhere to budgets.
- Ability to analyze information and make sound decisions based on same.
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite and POS systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must perform while performing the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions. The work environment is located in an event, taproom, tasting bar and restaurant environment. The noise level is usually moderate and will rise during special events.
Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift, move, carry up to 50 lbs., reach, hear, speak, listen, write, see, smell, taste, crouch, climb, and kneel. Must be able to work inside of a cooler at times to pull and rotate product.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.