EVENT & MARKETING COORDINATOR – WILSON ARTISAN WINES
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
Wilson Artisan Wines is in search of a new Event & Marketing Coordinator to join our team full-time! We offer a competitive hourly rate, a generous employee discount, and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, 401k, EAP and Health Club membership discount!
If you are passionate about all things wine, events, and marketing, we’d like to meet you!
The Events and Marketing Coordinator for Wilson Artisan Wines is a key position for event planning and execution. The incumbent is responsible for planning events in conjunction with the Director of Marketing. This individual is also the point person for various event planning activities across 11 Wilson Artisan Wineries and Coyote Sonoma and will ensure that all event planning tasks are covered prior, during, and after each event. In addition, this person will support marketing and sales initiatives at the direction of and in support of the Marketing Department including materials design, social media, mailing list management, sales reporting and more. Will perform other duties as assigned.
50% Event Planning & Execution
- Prepare event budget proposals according to company time standards including estimated expenses for catering, entertainment, décor, etc.
- Coordinate set up, design and logistics for events in conjunction with Director of Marketing
- Provide input and feedback for staffing at events in conjunction with Director of Marketing
- Design, update, and print event promotional materials
- Coordinate with Marketing Specialist to promote event attendance
- Update and distribute floor plans and seating arrangements for events
- Orchestrate set-up and break-down of events including movement of tables, chairs, and other equipment as necessary
- Facilitate and manage all contact with outside vendors including issuing payment
- Act as a lead during events, including onsite supervision of all event functions
- Receive and supervise installation and breakdown of rental equipment
- Ensure all deadlines are met for head counts, cut-off dates and deposits
- Facilitate and manage all contact for event guest registration
- Order event supplies
- Perform walk through for on-site and off-site events
- Coordinate décor and staging of winery set up for all events
- Facilitate event recap to document and plan improvements for subsequent events
50% Sales & Marketing
- Support Marketing Department in an ever changing environment
- Assist in design of marketing materials
- Assist in distribution of marketing materials to wineries and Coyote Sonoma
- Perform Website updates as necessary
- Maintain and update Public Relations contact list
- Assist with visuals and content for online webstore – Nexternal
- Grow Wilson Artisan Wines social following through regular engagement, hashtags, social giveaways, etc.
- Create, curate and manage all published content through select social platforms (Instagram, Facebook)
- Create and maintain Facebook and Eventbrite events
Works alongside Wilson Artisan Wines Marketing department and individual wineries as needed to align events and marketing materials with sales campaigns and winery presentation to customers. Work closely as a part of the sales team to ensure event efforts are coordinated and organized. Communicate event details, solicit needs for marketing material design and updates, and assist in wine sales.
Most duties will be performed indoors; however, some duties will be performed outdoors.
The ability to work on your feet for an extended period of time is required. The employee must lift/pull/push/carry 40 lb. boxes on a repetitive basis. The ability to sit at a desk and utilize standard office equipment is essential. The employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, reach, lift, carry, speak, hear, listen, see, smell, taste and crouch on a frequent basis.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – maintain excellent working relationships with vendors, shippers and co-workers
- Ability to work events, weekends and occasional long shifts as required
- High level of adaptability, problem-solving, go-with-the-flow, and can-do attitude is essential
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and a sense of urgency and remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner as part of a dynamic team of highly motivated individuals.
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ while further developing the tasks and activities within this position.
- Provide excellent customer service while interacting with all customers.
- Demonstrate a helpful and friendly demeanor.
- Ability to handle customer service complaints and find effective resolutions.
- Ability to lift, stack and move 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Acute attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, troubleshoot and see the whole picture of how events are critical to sales, traffic building and ultimately club member recruitment and retention.
- Self-motivated with a high level of accountability and productivity.
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up and follow through.
- Able to quickly change course when priorities change.
- Valid California Driver’s License, an acceptable DMV record, and a reliable, insured vehicle.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Knowledge of wine and wine industry
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this job description, not every situation that might arise may be covered here. As such, this job description may be amended at any time and the duties and/or responsibilities may change.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.