BARTENDER – COYOTE SONOMA
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
Coyote Sonoma Taproom is THE place to be in Healdsburg! We are looking for someone who is friendly, positive, has a ‘can-do’, customer-centric attitude and works well with others. Someone who has an in-depth knowledge and appreciation for craft beer would be a bonus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regularly works all aspects of the taproom bar operation, including, but not limited to opening, closing and cashiering.
- Shares information regarding menu items and our portfolio.
- Demonstrates a professional, guest focused demeanor at all times.
- Serves beverages and food in compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtains and maintains knowledge regarding our portfolio.
- Executes special bar events, i.e., tap take-overs, winery pours, and beer and food pairings.
- Assists in ordering, maintaining, and counting inventory of bar products.
- Ensures that bar area is in compliance with all sanitation regulations.
- Processes guest payments and ensures that cash drawer is properly balanced at the end of each shift.
- Resolves guest concerns and/or complaints in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- In-depth knowledge of beer, wine and draft systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must hold a valid Food Handlers Permit and Responsible Alcoholic Beverage Service Certification
- Able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of bartending experience. Bartending certificate preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of wine, beer and draft systems.
- Previous experience working in the wine industry preferred.
- Wine and beer food pairing experience highly desirable.
- Must be fluent in the English language in both oral and written formats. Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to analyze information and make sound decisions based on same.
- Proficiency with or ability to learn and operate POS system required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite desirable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must perform while performing the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is located in an event, tasting bar and restaurant environment. The noise level is usually moderate and will rise during special events.
Ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift, move, carry, reach, hear, speak, listen, write, operate POS system, taste, crouch, climb, kneel and carry heavy items, such as kegs and cases. Must be able to work inside cooler at times to pull and rotate product.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Our first priority is to keep our employees and our guests safe. Face coverings must be worn at all times by our employees. Guests must also wear a face covering anytime they are not seated with their party.