COMPLIANCE TECHNICIAN – WILSON ARTISAN WINES
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
Wilson Artisan Wineries is in search of a new Compliance Technician to join our dedicated team full-time! We offer a competitive hourly rate, a generous employee discount, and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, 401k, EAP and Health Club membership discount!
Some of the responsibilities include preparing compliance reports, compiling wine production data and reporting accounting data to interested parties. The Compliance Technician will also perform various duties related to direct to consumer and wholesale registrations and assorted local, state and federal compliance matters in wineries and tasting rooms. Other duties and projects may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Wine Production:
- Prepares Monthly Report of Wine Premises Operations (702) for several wineries including: bulk inventory changes and balance; monthly bottling, wine transfers in and out and tax paid transactions; and quantity of grapes crushed during harvest.
- Prepares miscellaneous regulatory reports for grape and wine production.
- Prepares federal and state excise taxes reports.
- Prepares bills of lading for wine transfers as needed.
- Submits labels to Tobacco Tax Trade (TTB) for approval (COLA’s) for multiple wineries and custom crush clients.
- Maintains records of approved labels.
- Maintains Universal Product Code logs; assign new codes as needed for bottling.
- Sets up new vintage product codes for relevant parties in the organization.
- Reports projected monthly case production by winery.
- Prepares export paperwork as needed.
- Compiles weigh tags during harvest for wineries and custom crush clients, calculating tonnage and estimated gallons.
- Provides monthly inventory and bottling data to the accounting department.
- Assists in preparation of miscellaneous regulatory reports and license renewal/transfers as directed.
- Calculates and prepare Custom Crush clients’ invoices.
- Provides information for product registration and state licenses for national brand distribution.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently, and also as part of a cohesive team.
- Ability to research and analyze information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous winery compliance experience preferred.
- Fully proficient in all aspects of MS Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Familiarity with various Point of Sale systems a plus.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Able to work in a positive manner with a diverse group of employees, vendors and the public.
- Must possess a valid class C driver license, an acceptable driving record, and reliable, insured transportation.
- Ability to travel between properties for business as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This is only a brief summary and it does not encompass all of the duties and requirements for this position. Other requirements and responsibilities will apply.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.