COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST – WILSON ARTISAN WINES
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Wilson Artisan Wineries, we produce and sell ultra-premium, boutique wines. We are a family owned and operated group of wineries located primarily in Sonoma County, with two wineries in Mendocino County.
As we continue to grow, we are in search of a Compliance Specialist to join our dedicated and hardworking Accounting team full-time! We offer a rewarding work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package!
If you are passionate about wine and are eager to contribute to a dynamic team, we’d like to meet you!
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing Monthly Report of Wine Premises Operations (702) for several wineries including: bulk inventory changes and balance; monthly bottling, wine transfers in and out and tax paid transactions; and quantity of grapes crushed during harvest.
- Submitting labels to Tobacco Tax Trade (TTB) for approval (COLA’s) for multiple wineries and custom crush clients.
- Preparing federal and state excise taxes reports.
- Preparing bills of lading for wine transfers as needed.
- Maintaining Universal Product Code logs; assign new codes as needed for bottling.
- Reporting projected monthly case production by winery.
- Compiling weigh tags during harvest for wineries and custom crush clients, calculating tonnage and estimated gallons.
- Following up on any emails from shipcompliant autofile team and states.
- Ensuring all licenses are kept up to date and applications for renewal are submitted
- Ensuring state bonds are renewed.
- Providing information for product registration and state licenses for national brand distribution.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to research and analyze information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous winery compliance experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid class C driver license, an acceptable driving record, and reliable, insured transportation.
- Ability to travel between properties for business as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: This is only a brief summary and it does not encompass all the duties and requirements for this position. The employee will perform other job-related duties as requested. This job description may change at any time.
Please submit your resumé and a cover letter which includes your salary expectations for consideration.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.