Enjoy evenings with the family at our various wineries for beautifully paired winemaker dinners. Diane has always been a wonderful cook and her love of food is reflected in her wonderful wines.
The Wilson Family not only owns nine wineries but also has beautiful guest houses and historic Inns in downtown Healdsburg. Your visit includes 3 nights at our beautiful and recently re-designed Grape Leaf Inn. Updated in a “modern Victorian” style, the beautiful Victorian architecture is complimented with custom, comfortable furnishings and light and airy style. The huge, wraparound deck is perfect for a glass of wine or just lounging with fellow “family members”.
$3750 plus tax is an all-inclusive price for 2 guests
While 2017’s itinerary is being finalized, it will be similar to this one:
Day 1, Monday, September 18
- Welcome reception at Grape Leaf Inn with all 9 family-owned wineries wine represented and passed appetizers to highlight the Artisan Wines
- Opening 4-course, wine paired dinner at Wilson-owned deLorimier Winery overlooking the garden and vineyards. Paired with Diane Wilson-made wine and featuring Winemakers, Owners, and Wilson Family
Day 2, Tuesday, September 19
- Ken’s favorite Canadian breakfast at Grape Leaf Inn
- Ranch tour of newest Wilson Property: Rockpile Ranch with Soil & Vineyard Management – the building blocks of Wine – Seminar with Esteemed Winemaker Antoine Favero.
- BBQ Lunch at the Rockpile Farmhouse paired with the new Rockpile Wines from our family-owned and operated Mazzocco Winery and the other Wilson Artisan Wineries. BBQ to be hosted by daughter Sydney Wilson and Winemaker Antoine Favero.
- Aroma seminar with daughter and newest winemaker, Victoria Wilson, at Matrix Winery. See how the second generation is approaching winemaking and following and learning from her mother’s skills.
- Cocktails in the Speakeasy at Grape Leaf Inn featuring a signature cocktail made with freshly crushed wine grape juice!
- Wine paired 4-course dinner at Charlie Palmer’s Dry Creek Kitchen in a private room featuring Ken and Diane Wilson
Day 3, Wednesday, September 20
- Diane’s favorite Ultramarathon-fueling breakfast at Grape Leaf Inn
- Harvest grapes at Pezzi King Winery, home of Ken and Diane Wilson, with winemaker Chris Barrett. Follow up with crushing the grapes you just picked, punch down the fermenting grapes and get a real hands-on tour of the facility and bottling line.
- Help crush at Wilson Winery – the one that started it all! Followed by a competitive grape stomp and a behind the scenes tour of Wilson Winery with founder and Woman Winemaker of the year, Diane Wilson. Learn the history of the winery and the area and see how integral it was to the creation of Wilson Artisan Wineries.
- Picnic lunch at Wilson Winery with Diane and Sydney Wilson. Drink in the view as well as the delicious wines. Relish in your victory or drown your sorrows from the Stomping Competition.
- Cocktails plus a viewing of Bottleshock in the Speakeasy
- Closing Farm-to-Table Dinner paired with Wilson Artisan Wines (of course). All of our winemakers as well as Ken and Diane will be in attendance.
Day 4, Thursday, September 21
- Breakfast at the Grape Leaf Inn, followed by the Commemorative Wilson Family Adoption Papers
- Wine and appetizer pairing competition at Relish Culinary Academy. The final step in our Grape to Glass education – pairing it with food to let the best elements shine – Wilsons love nothing like some healthy competition!