NORTHERN CALIFORNIA REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Northern California Regional Sales Manager
Department: Outside Sales
Reports To: National Sales Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Full-time
Approved Date: May 2021
The Northern California Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of all tactical sales activities as well as trade/customer marketing activities with the assistance of the National Sales Director in order to enhance the growth and profitability of specific Wilson Artisan Wineries brands and SKU’s in the market. Areas of responsibility include all Northern California counties with a focus on densely orientated population centers. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 90% of time dedicated in the field, 10% of time working on administrative tasks.
- Motivates distributor sales forces through leadership; inspires confidence and gains respect as an effective company spokesperson.
- Interfaces directly with key on and off premise accounts.
- Conducts sales meetings and product presentations for distributor’s sales staff.
- Oversees and directs brand development by identifying new account opportunities.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of distributor personnel.
- Motivates distributor sales team to deliver accounts sold and depletion targets.
- Monitors sales performance versus budget(s).
- Assists in developing and implementing distributors programs based on brand initiatives.
- Assists in developing distributor’s depletion goals, profitability goals and pricing for the markets.
- Utilizes distributors account sold data to optimize brand placement volume opportunities.
- Adheres to and effectively communicates company policy.
- Performs administrative tasks as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be required.
- Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling.
- Objective oriented, focused, motivated and driven individual who needs little direction or supervision.
- A very “hands-on” individual able to work in an intense, fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate sales forces and develop key, retail customer relationships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have a home-office or other suitable office area to work remotely.
- Keeps National Sales Director regularly informed of accomplishments, obstacles, issues, etc….
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a reliable, insured method of transportation and an acceptable driving record.
- Must reside in the Northern California area.
- Must have a valid, California driver’s license.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous on premise and off premise trade employment history is required.
- Supplier / winery sales experience with a positive working history of distributor relations is a plus.
- Experience selling to all channels of trade; must have existing trade/account relationships.
Advanced Microsoft Office skills with a strong emphasis using Excel and Power Point.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, listen, hear, sit, stand, and walk; use hands, arms and fingers to perform various tasks. Must be able to operate standard office equipment and grasp and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to drive both short and long distances as needed and be able to lift/carry/move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.