EVENTS & MARKETING COORDINATOR – WILSON WINERY
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
Wilson Winery is in search of a new Events & Marketing Coordinator to join our team full-time! We offer a competitive hourly rate, a generous employee discount, and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD, 401k, EAP and Health Club membership discount!
If you are passionate about all things wine, events, and marketing, we’d like to meet you!
The Events and Marketing Coordinator is a key position for winery sales and event planning. The individual in this role will be responsible for planning events with the Sales Manager, developing marketing materials, and supporting wine sales initiatives. They will also be the dedicated representative for all event planning activities and will ensure all event planning tasks are covered prior, during, and after each event. The individual in this position will also ensure marketing materials are up to date and will actively support all sales initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work as part of a dynamic team of highly motivated individuals while further developing the tasks and activities with this position. Provide excellent customer service while interacting with all customers.
50% Sales & Marketing:
- Create, design and print tasting menus, order forms, and tasting room signage
- Design and execute all wine club collateral and printing – newsletters, sign-up forms, membership cards, etc.
- Manage telemarketing campaigns
- Update tasting room collateral to reflect current sales campaigns and winery information
- Create event and promotional newsletter updates in conjunction with Wine Club Manager
- Create and update annual varietal descriptions and tech sheets by working with winemaker to gather and document information
- Create and update Press Kits
- Facilitate and support the processing of back-office customer email and phone orders
- Support back-office efforts during sales campaigns, processing club declines, updating customer information, etc.
25% Web & Social Media Design:
- Manage visuals and content for online webstore – Nexternal
- Design and maintain website in conjunction with outside graphic designer
- Facilitate and complete website content updates as needed
- Grow winery’s social following through regular engagement, hashtags, social giveaways, etc.
- Create, curate and manage all published content through select social platforms (Instagram, Facebook)
- Create and maintain Facebook and Eventbrite events
- Monitor Google, Yelp, Facebook and Tripadvisor feedback and reviews
25% Event Planning:
- Prepare event budget proposals according to company time standards including estimated expenses for catering, entertainment, décor, etc.
- Coordinate set up and design for winery events in conjunction with Sales Manager
- Provide input and feedback for staffing at events in conjunction with Sales Manager
- Design, update, and print event promotional materials
- Update and distribute floor plans and seating arrangements for events
- Facilitate and manage all contact with outside vendors including issuing payment
- Receive and supervise installation and breakdown of rental equipment
- Ensure all deadlines are met for head counts, cut-off dates and deposits
- Facilitate and manage all contact for event guest registration
- Order event supplies and attend marketing association (e.g., Wine Road, WDCV, etc.) informational meetings prior to events
- Perform walk through for on-site and off-site events
- Coordinate décor and staging of winery set up for all events
- Facilitate event recap to document and plan improvements for subsequent events
- Conduct Wine Road inventory following events to process winery reimbursements
Works alongside Sales and Wine Club departments to align events and marketing materials with sales campaigns and winery presentation to customers. Work closely as a part of the sales team to ensure event efforts are coordinated and organized. Communicate event details, solicit needs for marketing material design and updates, and assist in wine sales.
Most duties will be performed indoors, including office and tasting room spaces. Some duties include being outdoors during onsite and offsite events.
The ability to work on your feet for up to 8 hours a day is required. The employee must lift/pull/push/carry 40lb. boxes on a repetitive basis. The ability to sit at a desk and utilize a computer keyboard is essential. The employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel and crouch on a frequent basis.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills – maintain excellent working relationships with vendors, shippers and co-workers
- Customer service focus – friendly, helpful demeanor
- Ability to lift, stack and move 40 lb. cases on a regular basis
- Acute attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, troubleshoot and see the whole picture of wine club management
- Self-motivated with a high level of accountability and productivity
- Clean DMV record
- Ability to work events and weekends as required
- Three years tasting room or back-office wine sales
- Computer savvy –Intermediate to Expert level in the use of Adobe Creative Suite/AMS/CRM/POS/Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) software programs
- California Food Handler certified
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this job description, not every situation that might arise may be covered here. As such, this job description may be amended at any time and the duties and/or responsibilities may change.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.