CULINARY SUPERVISOR – GRAPE LEAF, CAMELLIA, & CALDERWOOD INNS
Contact our human resources office at 707-867-1105 or email@example.com
The Culinary Supervisor is responsible for the overall coordination of food preparation, cooking and baking activities for our lodging properties. They are responsible for monitoring and ordering supplies as needed to ensure that the kitchens are properly stocked at all times. This position primarily oversees the preparation of breakfasts for the Grape Leaf, Camellia and Calderwood Inns in downtown Healdsburg.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all food production, sanitation, and food service for the Grape Leaf, Calderwood & Camellia Inns.
- Develops culinary programs at each individual property to include menus, and assures implementation of these menus. Maintains a high-quality food service programs for all lodging properties.
- Ensures that breakfast is prepared daily for guests at our inns.
- Ensures that the production, preparation, and presentation of breakfast and all food items are of the highest quality at all times, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensures all food served is monitored for taste, visual appeal, temp, established portion control measures are followed.
- Proficient in the following cooking techniques: Char-Broiling, poaching, deep frying, pan-frying, sauté, roasting, griddling, and par-cooking.
- Performs scheduling, training, coaching, orientation, and evaluation of kitchen staff.
- Ensures that the lodging culinary team meets all standards in accordance with State and Federal Health Survey process. Ensures personnel are trained in and perform their duties to ensure that these regulations are being followed.
- Ensures that all food production, storage and service areas are maintained in accordance with all local, federal and state regulations. Ensures that all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with safe work practices, including but not limited to, SDS information, infection control, and universal precautions.
- Promotes team work within the department and between departments to ensure smooth operations and quality service to guests.
- Responsible for vendor selection, maintaining vendor relationships, inventory controls and maintaining minimum/maximum par levels.
- Performs various administrative duties, including, but not limited to: checking and responding to company emails and voicemails in a timely and effective manner.
- Controls and monitors operating food costs on an ongoing basis and works to ensure budgets are adhered to
- Shops, orders, and maintains inventory with a goal to minimize food waste and adhere to budget
- Creates menus that will be reflective of the area and season
- Works in a cooperative manner at all times
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor with immediate co-workers, WAW staff, guests and community to elevate the overall WAW brand
- Easily adapts to change in menu preparation and production methods
- Assists with set-up, service, and clean-up of food production
- Maintains adequate supplies of food, cleaning supplies, and other food preparation supplies.
- Rotates stock to ensure usage and disposal occurs before the expiration date.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises kitchen staff.
May provide guidance/instruction at times to our housekeeping and hospitality team members.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of cooking skills, menu creation and seasonal ingredients
- Ability to order, store, prepare and serve food according to company standards and expectations
- Must have a safe food handling and responsible beverage certificate
- Ability to perform various administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner
- Must possess exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- The ability to present a kind, calm and professional manner at all times
- Must possess reliable, insured transportation with a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Strong time management, follow through and organizational skills
- Able to flex schedule as needed to cover other team members and special events
- Ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Able to prepare and manage food budget
- Must possess an advanced, working knowledge of state and local regulations regarding food handling, safety, and sanitation
- Must have prior supervisory experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, days and evenings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have two years of experience preparing food in a commercial environment, preferably in the lodging industry.
- Knowledge of food and wine pairing preferred. High School Diploma or GED.
- Safe food and beverage handling certificates.
- Degree or certificate from a culinary academy preferred.
- Able to communicate in a clear and professional manner in both written and oral formats. Fluent in English. Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to successfully manage expenditures within budget.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and offer recommendation(s) for solution(s). Must be able to analyze information and make sound decisions based on same.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, internet and social media applications.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low. The employee may be exposed to noise from appliances such as food processors, blenders, vacuums, leaf blowers, etc. The employee may work outdoors in the garden, garage and on the patio and porch.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, speak, hear, listen, reach, taste and smell. Employee must possess vision, hearing, speech and sufficient digital manipulation skills to interact effectively with guests and co-workers and to operate various kitchen tools and office equipment. The employee may occasionally be required to stoop, kneel and crouch. Must be able to frequently lift/move/carry up to 45 lbs. May use gardening tools.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Our first priority is to keep our employees and our guests safe. Face coverings must be worn at all times by our employees. Guests must also wear a face covering anytime they are not seated with their party.